Basic Game Controls
Keyboard and Mouse Usage
Dragon Saga's gameplay is almost entirely controlled by the keyboard. Game controllers can also be set up (though not necessary).
The keyboard is used for character movement, jumping, chatting, typing manual commands, and using skills quickly.
The mouse is used for selecting options, speaking with certain NPCs, item/equipment selection, viewing item descriptions, and general interaction with the User Interface.
The mouse controls the following actions:
- Changing magnification: Roll the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
- Changing the overview: Hold the Right mouse button and drag the mouse up/down to change the height of the camera.
- Character Interaction: Click another character and a window will pop up with a list of actions to choose from. Some options only appear under certain circumstances.
- Item/Skill Description: Mouse over an item or skill and a window will pop up giving detailed information on that particular item or skill.
- Drag-n-Drop: Allows the player to equip items, move items to the trade window or Banker storage window, or drop items on the ground. The player can also drag-n-drop skills into the Hotkey bars. NOTE: Drag-n-dropping items to the ground will permanently delete them. Take caution when dragging items that you may want to keep.
- Right-click: In the inventory window, this allows the player to use/equip the item that is selected. In the Equipment Window, right-clicking a piece of equipment will unequip it and return it to the player's inventory (if there is space available).
Keyboard keys are mainly used for moving the character and quick access to most-used skills, items, and equipments. Chat anytime by typing in the dialog box and then pressing enter.
| Directional Keys
(↑, ↓, ←, →)
|Moves the character in that direction|
| Double-tap Direction Keys
(← ←, → →)
|Character dashes in that direction|
|Z||Charge Attack, Enters Portals|
|↓ + X||Attacks fallen enemies|
|C||Jump, Air Recovery when launched, Ground recovery when fallen, cancels some skill animation|
| Dash + C
(← ← + C, → → + C)
|Dash jump (covers farther distance)|
| C + Dash
(C + ← ←, C + → →)
|Dashes in the air|
|C + Directional Key||Ground recovery when fallen, performs a barrel roll|
|Page Up||Scrolls Hotkey bar up|
|Page Down||Scrolls Hotkey bar down|
|ESC||Access System Options window|
|Print Screen||Capture screenshot|
|F10||Toggles UI on and off|
|Space bar||Interact with NPCs|
|Enter||Activates chat window|
|F5 or /s||Regular Chat|
|F6 or /w or /r||Whisper|
|F7 or /p||Party Chat|
|F8 or /f||Friend Chat|
|F9 or /g||Guild Chat|
|#1 ~ #12||Woodie emoticons|
|ALT + 1||Hi|
|ALT + 2||Bow|
|ALT + 3||Rush|
|ALT + 4||Clap|
|ALT + 5||Honor|
|ALT + 6||Victory|
|ALT + 7||Sorry|
|ALT + 8||Sit|
Interaction With Others
To interact with other players, click on a character and choose an action from the list provided.
- Common Commands:
- See Information — View the target player's equipment, guild, and character card information. Currently, there is no way to prevent others from viewing your information.
- 1:1 — Allows talking to the character privately. Clicking on a character's name in the Chat Window also allows 1:1 chat with that character.
- Trade — Allows trading items or gold with another character. After the target player accepts the offer to trade, the trade window will appear. Items can be dragged and dropped here for trading. Gold can also be entered here for trading. Click "OK" and then "Confirm" to complete the trade.
- Invite to Party — Allows party leaders to invite characters into the party.
- Add Friend — Sends a request to the target player to be added to your friends list.
- Follow — Auto-follows your character to the target player.
- Guild Invite — If given the power to recruit players into the guild, this option allows recruiters to invite other characters into the guild. This power to recruit must be given by the guild master.
- Copy name — Copies the target player's name to the clipboard so that it may be pasted elsewhere by you.
Interaction with NPCs
NPCs are non-player characters. They are not real people but characters programmed into the game. To interact with an NPC, left-click or press Spacebar on the target NPC. Note that not all NPCs will talk.
Conversations with NPCs include:
- NPC illustration — Not all NPCs have this.
- Dialogue box — This is a window that shows what the NPC is saying.
- Interactive dialogue box — Sometimes, this window will appear on the screen with Quest information that the player must read through and accept.