Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Dragon Saga?
- Dragon Saga (DS) is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). See the Introduction to Dragon Saga for details.
Q: Is Dragonica and Dragon Saga the same game?
- Yes. Upon Gravity's purchase of Dragonica from THQ*ICE, the game's name was changed to Dragon Saga due to a conflict of copyrighted names.
Q: Where can I get the game?
- The North American version of Dragon Saga currently has an official website where the program is available for download.
Q: How can I sign up?
Q: Is there a monthly fee?
- Any account in good standing can create four characters on the Vyvern server free of charge. Users can create as many accounts as they please if more characters are desired, however the accounts will not be able to share account-bound materials unless assisted by a GM.
Q: How do I purchase Item Mall points?
- Users must purchase the Gravity game currency Warp Portal Energy, and then convert that energy into Item Mall points. Also see: How to obtain IM Points
Q: What if I don't have a credit/debit card?
- There are many other payment options, such as the following:
- 1. Pay-by-Cash which can accept payment by mail through cash, check, or money order. Keep in mind this method will take longer to process.
- 2. PayPal where the basic cost will also stay the same.
- 3. Ultimate Game Cards/Gravity Game Cards/GoCash Cards
Q: What happened to / is THQ*ICE?
- THQ*ICE was the original publisher of the North American release of Dragonica. Gravity bought the publishing rights to the game from THQ*ICE in 2010, and re-released it under its new and current name Dragon Saga. Currently, there has been no news concerning the status of THQ*ICE.
Q: I played on the THQ*ICE version. Can I get my characters back?
- No characters were lost in the transfer of publishers. THQ*ICE users are to follow Warp Portal's transfer protocol to retrieve access to their old accounts and begin playing again.
Q: How do I make a character?
- On the character select screen, click the "Create" button. Users can create up to four characters per account.
Q: How do I distribute my stats?
- Stats in Dragon Saga are pre-determined, and therefore cannot be adjusted by the user until they reach level 60 and above. At those levels, players can assign 5 points of stats to their liking for each level above 60. If mistakes are made, Reset Scrolls are available in the Item Mall.
Q: How do I move and attack?
- See User Interface for details.
Q: How do I make a guild?
- See Guild System for details.
Q: What is a Game Master and how do I tell who one is?
- See Game Master for details.
Q: Why can't I remake a character I just deleted?
- Character names stay in the system for a minimum of 24 hours, upwards to 72 hours before the same name can become available again.
Etiquette & Rules
Q: I see characters that move by themselves without responding. What are they, and what should I do?
- There is a possibility that this is a bot; a program used by players to automate leveling or other activities. Note that sometimes these people are simply busy or are not in a state to talk, or may be using game controller that has rapid-fire functions. If you suspect a bot, send a support ticket to the GMs with the ill-mannered report option.
Q: Someone is persistently asking for money/items. How should I respond?
- Refuse politely at first, but if the problem escalates you can report them. There is the Refuse Trade command available in the Options menu (see User Interface) to automatically refuse deals, if they are constantly requesting for deals.
Q: What is the best way to attract people's attention?
- Use megaphones, which are given to every new player upon reaching level 20, or can be purchased from the Item Mall. Also, high-traffic towns such as Port of Winds and Libra are good places to find people. Be respectful to other people's needs to do other activities. There are many reasons people do not respond. In general, be nice and avoid being demanding. As with all etiquette online, avoid talking in all caps, swearing, or demanding.
Q: Why do I get "Failed to Patch" error?
- It is likely the server is undergoing maintenance. Check the official forums for patch updates.
Q: Why do I experience lag when playing?
- A good connection between client and server depends on the internet service provider (ISP). With a good ISP, lag is minimal. Sometimes, it is the server that is bogged down. In this case, others will experience the lag as well. Frequently, lag problems are caused by problems with servers between the user and the Dragon Saga server. Use of programs such as Tracert can help in determining what the source of the lag is. With some combinations of hardware and ISP, heavy uploads from other users on the connection will cause unacceptable lag - this would show up on a Tracert as high ping times at the first or second hop. In this case, performance can be improved by ensuring that nobody using the connection is using any peer-to-peer file sharing programs. Another possible cause of lag is the user's computer - this can be due to insufficient hardware for acceptable performance, other programs running in the background, or malware problems. In these cases performance can be improved by closing any other open programs, ensuring the computer is free of any malware, and playing with some of the graphics options (anti-alias, fog, etc) disabled.
Q: My character is stuck. How do I become unstuck?
- If your character loads completely, and you are stuck in a location you cannot move from, try the Relocate function, by pressing Escape and selecting "Relocate." If that does not work, try entering a MyHome house (either your own or by invitation), then exiting. You can also be forced to a new location by being in a party and having a member of the party enter a dungeon that transfers the entire party to the new map. If all else fails, you may need to disconnect and reconnect.
Q: Everything is bright pink! What's wrong?
- The client has not properly patched. A full uninstall / reinstall generally fixes this problem.
Q: My client is not opening! What's wrong?
- The client has not properly patched. Open Dragon Saga Installation Folder and delete patch.id file and repatch your client. This method takes a small amount of time for the patcher to rebuild. If this does not work a full uninstall / reinstall will fix the problem.